Guruve Rural District Council is looking for an ACCOUNTANT
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for interalia:
• Preparation of final accounts in line with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
• Preparation of monthly budget performance statements for consideration by Council.
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Inter account reconciliations.
• Assist in preparation of council budgets and budget implementation.
• Preparation of general ledger, Supplier and customer journals.
• Checking of payment vouchers for validity , accuracy and compliance with procurement regulations before processing payments
• Maintenance of departmental commitment register.
• Supervision of departmental subordinates.
Qualifications and Attributes
A minimum of a first degree in Accounting from a reputable Institution.
• A professional qualification or working towards attainment of a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIS or CPA will be an added advantage.
• At least three years working experience in Local Government
• Experience in using sage pastel evolution.
• High degree of honesty and unquestionable integrity.
• Valid police clearance.
• A mature person (at least 30 years) and self-motivated
Interested individuals should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae including three contactable referees together with certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to email@example.com OR apply to: The Chief Executive Officer Guruve Rural District Council P.O. Box 110 Guruve