Assistant Procurement Officer (Grade 8)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will report to the Procurement Officer and will be based at the Head Office.
• Receives authorized purchase requisitions and log them into the procurement document
movement control sheet.
• Sends Request for Quotations (RFQ) to approved suppliers.
• Compile evaluation reports for tenders and RFQs.
• Generates purchase orders based on lowest bidder to specifications.
• Sends purchase orders and or supply contracts for authorization.
• Ensures that all duly signed purchase orders are sent to the suppliers on time.
• Expediting of deliveries.
• Attaches purchase order accounts copy to suppler invoice and Goods Received Voucher (GRV)
and submit to Finance department for payments.
• Compiles procurement report, weekly, monthly quarterly and annually.
• Adheres to and ensures adherence to safety, health and environment regulations and standard procedures.
• Performs any other work-related duties as assigned by the Superior.
• Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
• Membership to a recognized professional body such as (GIPS, ZIPS and CILT) would be an added advantage.
• At least one-year relevant experience in public procurement environment.
• Thorough knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22:23) a distinct advantage.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software.
• Excellent relationship management skills, negotiating skills and analytical skills
• At least 25 years of age
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their qualifications to the Chief Executive Officer on the above address in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Assistant Procurement Officer"